Spring Manufacturing Case Study: Real Time Analytics for Downtime Tracking with Reasons for a Spring manufacturer using IMS.
Downtime & Changeover tracking on Automatic Spring Manufacturing company for Coiling and Forming Machines.
Spring Manufacturer in Northern India with Automatic Spring Manufacturing Machines in their plant. Multiple shift operations trying to achieve Operational Excellence
Customer has multiple Coiling and Forming machines, that forms a significant part of the process. Also customer felt that these were perhaps bottle-neck operations. As the customer manufactured different types of springs for various industrial applications, it meant quite a few changeovers and also downtimes. To better manage operations the management wanted to monitor the downtime to improve changeovers and downtime.
- Use of Computer Visionfor images of actual production captured by CCTV Camera.
- AI/MLdriven algorithms computing the data on Cloud based Servers or Edge Servers to churn out real time analytics and alerts.
- Dashboards created on ManufApp’s app and available on multiple devices to spot trends and access archived data.
- Through an app, Supervisors can now fill the downtime reasons and proper “Corrective & Preventive Action- CAPA” can be taken.
- No intervention with actual production and also existing machineries.
- Data Analysis and insights with 98-99%accuracy levels.
- Heightened awareness of downtime tracking leading to significant reduction in idle time.
All of this for no significant up-front cost.